8/30/2010

Filipinos should stop making excuses, admit their mistakes and try push themselves more to do better...

Try to read this blog post from Definitely Filipino
"Filipinos on News Events Part 2: Reaction to Daniel Wagner's "The Philippine Bus and Miss Universe"


I admit it myself that Filipinos are the ones being described at that post...
Me, myself, is guilty of that.. Whenever I fail an exam or quiz, I do make excuses to...
But since then, I learned to accept that it is really my fault why I failed...
I spend more of my time in front of the computer, visiting Facebook, playing online/offline games, or sleeping, when I can spend more of my time wisely by reading my books and studying...
Now, I'm trying to improve myself so that I wouldn't regret it again...
I promise myself to study harder than before...
seriously...

Another typical example are my friends...
They do mistakes in their college studies and I know that they regret that thing...
I won't tell what really happened to them, but for me, I would consider that mistake as a MAJOR MISTAKE COMMITTED BY A STUDENT WHO CAN DO MORE OF THEMSELVES...
Now, they promised to do more, study more, strive more..
But I notice that nothing have changed in the way they study...
They would typically doing everyday studies easily...
I don't see them pushing more than before...

Another example is one of my family member...
My father has no job right now...
He keeps on waiting for a job to come...
When I really felt bad and mad at him the last time...
He noticed that I wasn't treating him dearly for being my father...
I'm so angry that he don't made any move to improve our family...
He told me: Ano bang maggagawa ko, ganto ako, di naman ako nakapagtapos ng pag-aaral
Remembering those words makes me think that he don't want to change his own life...
I have seen many people like him but did make it to improve their living...

Another one is my brother...
He is really not good at school...
He admit it that he is not really good at studying yet he won't do anything to improve himself in school...


I just remembered another one...
I just met her through a facebook page that is dedicated to make condolences to the Hongkong people for the bus tragedy...
she's a Filipina...
I posted at that page's wall and said that I'm really sorry for what had happened to their fellow Hongkong citizens... I also wrote there that 'WE ADMIT IT THAT SOME OF OUR PEOPLE ARE AT FAULT...
she's to hot and harsh that she commented at me that I SHOULD ONLY ADMIT IT MYSELF... didn't I wrote the words SOME OF OUR PEOPLE?
and one more thing,
the first thing to forgiveness is to admit your mistake...
admitting your mistake is not the same as eating your pride...
for the sake of peace, I just removed my post and rephrase it by telling that I'm sorry for what had happened...

Enumerating those examples, I really did realized that it's typical among us, Filipinos...
We always commit mistakes, do excuses for our mistakes, and do nothing to improve ourselves...

I am just one among these Filipinos...
But I will strive to change that mentality...
I'll start it with myself and my family...